Thursday, January 31, 2013

Does This Count as Endurance Writing?

I tried and I did it
 
What gives me energy?

Accountability gives me energy.

This month I participated in something called NaBloPoMo. I discovered it through a blog I had been reading, and followed a link to
Blogher.com.

There I discovered a monthly challenge to blog everyday for a month. There I discovered community. I discovered others traveling a similar path. I discovered a list of daily prompts for days I hit a wall. I discovered cheerleaders. I discovered commenters. I discovered that when people are watching, expecting a post…I have to write!


Wow, when I read this I was amazed. I say this all the time. I have to write, I am compelled to write. It is the lifeblood that keeps me going, keeps me in touch with myself and others and makes me extremely happy!
Today is day 31. The last day of January, and I am getting a post up even though it’s late and I’m exhausted.

This month has been an amazing learning experience for me.

I have now been writing consistently for three and a half months. 105 posts.

Writing Quote #2
I’m developing a habit. A healthy habit. A healing habit. A helpful habit. A habit that brings clarity, closure, and creates vision.

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2
I’m going to persevere in my blog writing, and attempt another month of NaBloPoMo. In honor of Valentine’s Day in February, the theme for February focuses on love and sex.

All of my posts may not stay on the theme, but I do intend to several on that topic. I’m going to approach it from a Biblical stand point, and hopefully address some of the touchy topics.

You know me. I like to shake things up a little and keep it real.

I’m asking, ‘cuz I’m crazy like that, what burning questions or ideas do you have on love & sex that MAYBE I could talk about next month? Yes, I’ll be addressing them from my conservative Christian viewpoint, but I’ll keep it real like always!

This is your part…GO!




4 comments:

  1. Blogging certainly becomes a habit, these challenges are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are. I'm so glad I found them!!!

      Thank you for hopping over to read & comment!

      Delete
  2. I just started my first challenge today, and I decided to write about loving myself, which is something that took me 46 years to figure out.
    I challenge you to write at least once about loving yourself. The reason why I think your post will be interesting is because you are a Christian (I'm Catholic) and we tend to put God, family and everyone else first. I think your perspective on this topic should be good for conversation.
    In any event, congratulations on doing this for three months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! Adding it to my list. You are exactly right! We do put everyone else first.

      Thanks for the congrats...I'm trying to develop consistency. I think I'm getting there.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to engage in the conversation! I do read and attempt to respond to each comment. This blog is Christian in nature and any content that is deemed vulgar or grossly inappropriate will be removed at the author's discretion. Please help me maintain a loving environment for all who enter here!